This week has been the best start we have ever had for homeschool. I'm not sure why, but I'll take it.
We are using Classical Writing, Christian Studies (Memoria Press), Latin for Children (the biggest hit ever!), Singapore math, Tapestry of Grace/SOTW, Fallacy Detective, and Alfred piano, taught by yours truly. Add in a day at co-op for science (and I'm adding art history) and time with friends, and the Franklin-Covey planner for kids ages 8-12, and that's the package.
We aren't up to full speed, but we never are the first week. I am just tickled to pieces at the way this week went though. We have some work to do re: diligence, but both of us have come a long way as re: willingness and patience, and all I can do is the Happy Dance!
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's great, Patty!! Keep up the good work.
Patty...I'm so thrilled for you. That makes the biggest difference, doesn't it? Congrats.
Our boys love the Latin for Children. Maybe Sir Sherlock can write Boybob a note in Latin. That would be fun for Sherlock. It would probably be enough to fit on a postcard right now though! Did you get the activity guide?
That is SUCH a good feeling! I can't wait to order LFC. Between you, LB, KathyJo, Julie... um, well, now that I list it out, I'm starting to think I'm a sheep. LOL. But we looked at it and it looks perfect for James! lol.
Enjoy this year and enjoy that sweet boy!
Dy
Post a Comment