Saturday, September 17, 2005

Why I Havent Posted, and a Quiz

Update: Here's a hint for the quiz: Plato. Ring any bells? Didn't for me. More tomorrow, assuming this cold is not a prelude to death. Sigh.

0000000000000000000000000000000000

I've tried to make three posts this week and could not access this blog! So I'm telling ya. Just in case I can't get IN here again, I'll use the comments on THIS blog post to let you know of any address change.

And here is the quiz:
What does the Ring in Lord of the Rings represent?
What was Tolkein's inspiration and source for this image?

I did not know. My husband did, however. Any takers?

Also, for those who care, Thursday, Sept. 22, is Bilbo and Frodo's birthday. We're having a party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What- no takers on the quiz yet??? But inquiring minds want to know!
I didn't have any thoughts, but dh was wondering if it were ultimate power, or perhaps the atomic bomb?
He was also wondering what source you were referring to when you asked the question.
So tell usss, my preciousssss, what issss the answer to the riddle?
;-) LB

Anonymous said...

Good question. I saw the movies but really didn't get much past the gore. Ugh. I will have to watch the series all over again!

BTW, did Boybob see those movies?

~Julie

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that I bet Mungo would know.

I hate it when I don't know the answers to questions like this. Ugh!

~Julie

Anonymous said...

Found a great website on LOTR:

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/ringfaq.htm#Q0-Powers

Check it out and tell me what you think!

~J