Friday, November 3, 2006

History Hats

Brimwood Press has a wonderful set of history products that we are using (a lot slower than I had intended to...as usual) to cover the history of Western Civilization in a short amount of time. The intention is to provide a "clothesline of history" on which future history knowledge can be hung.

Today, our lesson was on Moses (surely we should be on Constantine by now, according to plan...) and we had an opportunity to look at some of Moses' writings. We did a Biblical Event worksheet, which involves some drawing, some writing, and a whole lot of discussion. It was very good. BoyBob and I spent a lot of time talking about what it means to be made in God's image. How are we made in God's image and what difference does it make? That was a good time.

I really like this program, and I have for every single lesson.

1 comment:

Mindy Buller said...

Did I tell you that I bought it? I still haven't decided when we'll use it because I'm also excited to start TOG next year. I know we won't finish SOTW4 until the end of the summer (at the earliest) so I have to figure it out. :-)