Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving, as in Giving Thanks. What I Had for Dinner

Many of you have followed my journey through serious health problems over the past year/s, and many of you have prayed for and supported me in those days. I want to thank you and for you to join me in thanking God for the miracle that has happened this year.

The shortest way I can say this is to tell you what I had for dinner last night. All but the wine, I have not had at *all* in 1.5 - 2 years, and when I *did*, I paid for it in eczema and even super-eczema reactions. My hair was gone; I wore a hat for 4.5 years...and in latter days, I couldn't even do that--I had to wear babushkas because they were softer...and for other reasons.

So here is what I had for dinner last night--and I had only a *tiny* breakout. If my skin had been in the past 15 years like it is today with the tiny breakout, I would have been thinking there was a miracle--it was unheard of that it would *ever* be this *good*.

So here is what I had for dinner last night.
Bread.
Butter.
An apple.
Stilton cheese.
New harvest reisling (I could have that before...)

It was *heaven*.
Just heaven.

And I have no hat on and my hair is growing in ever thicker. It is nothing short of a miracle and for this I am thankful to God, to my family who have suffered with me, to those who have prayed and helped, to my friend who sent me to this allergist for this treatment and for the allergist and all in his office. God bless you richly, every one!

7 comments:

Mindy Buller said...

Bring on the Brie!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the "Bob" family. We are so thrilled with you on your health.

Their was this man (the father of a friend of ours) who was told that he had stage 4 liver and colon cancer by all the tests that they did; well, last week he went in for colon surgery only to find that his colon issues were a bad case of diverticulitis or some infection in their and his liver just had benign cysts. Needless to say, Praise God, and we will be thinking of this tomorrow as well as your success MomBob.

Anonymous said...

Please forgive the incredible spelling error -- ick!

Supposed to be ***There***

Anonymous said...

Giving thanks with you. :) You remain in my prayers.

Di said...

What good news! I give thanks with you and the Bob Team.

I'll keep praying.

Love,
DI

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!

I am longing for a mombob with hair picture...I have only known the babushka mombob.

I am happier for you than words can say!!! Thank You Lord, for hearing our prayers.

Bless you, and welcome back to blogging!

Janie said...

Wonderful! Glad you are blogging again!
Have a reflective Christmas,
Janie