"Mom, you know the other day when I was in my room for time out?"
Yes.
"I was *deeply* disappointed that I couldn't hug Daddy when he got home."
Oh. New Rule: You can leave your room to go to the bathroom, or to hug Daddy when he comes home or leaves for work.
"OR to ask forgiveness for being naughty."
Yerp.
(Last week my son disappeared and left in his place The Attitude Felon. I played the part of the Warden: "If you can't do the time (out), don't do the crime!" My son is back this week.)
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My 4yos believes that saying, "I love you," makes a good excuse to disobey. If he's sent to his room, he comes out to tell me he loves me. If I tell him not to interrupt, he interrupts to tell me he loves me. I still haven't figured out how to deal with this one, but I look forward to the day that he says it when he's not trying to get away with something.
Glad your son is back from vacation. :)
I find it comforting to know I am not the only one playing warden. My role-playing, however, is extending into this week, too. Someone tell me again, that this will pay off, and that someday very soon I will be releasing into this big wide (sometimes scary) world, a responsible caring young man, and a responsible caring young woman who can handle the challenges they will most certainly face with humour and thoughtfulness; and that they won't even remember (or will remember with a smile) that when they were 10 and almost 13 their mean ol' nasty mamma made them do pushups for back-sassing her over how to rinse the breakfast dishes.
Keep up the good work, and thanks for blogging this week- I missed it!
LB
Patty, I didn't know you were writing again. How fun. I sent you an e-mail a couple days ago, but it bounced. I guess U'll just send them here. I'm so glad you are writing again. It makes me happy to check in.
Post a Comment