Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Report: WPMS has NOT fallen off the face of the earth!

Kim so kindly asked where we have been...well, there are several answers to that. Mostly, the answer is *swim team*. The problem with swim team is that I can't be both at practice and at home...so I sit by the pool for hours at a stretch...but that doesn't mean that the laundry or dishes are doing themselves at home. One would *think* I could take my laptop to the pool, but it's an exercise in futility. I need a screen that is actually visible in daylight.

Another answer has to with feeling like there isn't a lot to say, somehow. I think this is a normal phenomena, the feeling that this year is basically a rewind of last year's tape, with a couple of "unhappy incidents" removed, I hope, from this replaying. But it doesn't feel original enough to actually write about it.

Another answer is that most of my thinking these days is inchoate...planning for next year in our homeschool being one of the things I think about...and another preparing for a big change in DadBob's employment (he'll be home a lot more, and glad of it) which removes all the parameters which usually help define the thought process. I think writing about it would help, but it needs to be somewhat personal and private at this point, so I don't post it.

Another answer is that I guess I like *getting letters* more than I like *writing* them. Don't we all? So I love to read all the blogs, comment when I feel like I actually have something to say, but then let down my end of the deal...

So that's where I've been, poolside, with rambling thoughts going nowhere, being lazy! What this plain statement does to my self-image is a little disconcerting.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you've been enjoying some relaxing time!

Actually, I wondered if you were away on holiday.

Glad you checked in.

Dy said...

LOL! I'd just take a great book and a strong pair of sunglasses - and ENJOY! Go ahead. We give you permission.

But, on the totally selfish side, keep emailing occasionally, ok? ;-)

Dy