Sunday, July 17, 2005

A BoyBob Story

When BoyBob was a toddler and preschooler, he always wore a hat. We got them at The Gap; they were cloth hats with brims--fedora-like--and he always looked snappy.

Well, at about age 2.75, BoyBob was learning to swim. This is an important skill to master young when your neighbor has a pool and about 17 grandchildren who are kind enough to include you in all their massive amounts of fun. BoyBob was game about the lessons; he liked swimming as well as anything else, so why not? This being the Northwest, one day we went to swimming lessons and it was raining. For the first time, BoyBob dug in his heels and did not want to go to swimming lessons. I asked him why not. He said, "I don' wan' ge' wet!" Tears in his eyes, confusion in mine. Get wet? In swimming lessons? Huh? Then...the light went on! I said, "OH! Why don't you put on your hat?" He put in on, smiled, and jumped in the water!

Kids are so funny!

1 comment:

Dy said...

Oh! So sweet!!