Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Reading to Children

Dy's post made me think of a funny conversation BoyBob had with a friend last week. They were laughing over how silly it is when (each) mom can't finish reading a story aloud because she's crying.

BoyBob: Yeah, she always makes me read the end. I had to read the end of Rascal, and Little House, and Old Yeller--even The House at Pooh Corner.
FriendBob: Pooh CORNER? What was THAT worth crying about?

They spent at least 5 minutes trying to remember. But they will never understand, not until they have their own boys leaving their little-boyhood to becom Big Boys. Moms just can't help themselves.

2 comments:

Dy said...

Oh Patty- I am ROFL - since motherhood, I have never gone all the way through the last chapter in one piece. Not once. Can't. Do it. And it's just getting worse - now I start to choke up when I read the title of the last chapter.

The boys' conversations are so cute. I love seeing how they figure out the world around them.

Dy

Di said...

Oh, Patty! My true kindred spirit.

OF COURSE the mom cries at the end of Pooh.

DI