Wednesday, August 10, 2005

BoyBob Almost Made It to 10 Without....

1. Learning to ride a bike,
2. An injury that caused limping, and
3. A single dose of Benadryl.

But no.

Number 1 and Number 2 are related. He had a near-crash at "high speed" from which he was saved by smashing his foot into the ground. No broken bones, but a serious internal bruise that makes me call him Gimp.

Number 3 is related to a sweet, teeny little cat (CatBob) that has adopted us and tonight marked BoyBob as "her boy" by doing the face smash into the face. Sweet and all, but now BoyBob looks like Mr. Magoo. And so, the Benadryl. Given that he is my son, this is a miracle. My mother used Benadryl instead of formula, *that's* how much of a miracle this is. The first time I gave BoyBob cow's milk, I actually prepared the bottle, put him in his car seat, and drove to the emergency room entrance of our local hospital. I handed him the bottle and said, "Drink this." He was a year old. He drank it. He didn't die. We just drove home. My mother would be years younger if this had been the case for me.

So happy birthday tomorrow to Mr. Magoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!
Happy 10th birthday BoyBob, from the Boy and Girl across the lake.
LB

Anonymous said...

Patty,

Now that I've met you, I can actually *hear* your voice in your posts. It's like your sitting here telling me all about it. Too fun!

Sorry about the missed milestones.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Boybob from Sherlock in San Diego! Feliz Cumpleanos! Could Sherlock call him on the phone tomorrow as a surprise?

~Julie

Dy said...

Funny how we take the steps as they come. Milestones are big ones, too. Happy Birthday to BoyBob, and I sure hope he enjoys the cat! :-)

Dy