Do you know how wonderful it is to have friends standing alongside you in prayer, how it actually reduces the physical suffering? It does. I hurt...but I don't hurt alone, which would *really* hurt. Thank you for all of your help and kindness when I feel raw, both inside and out. You are truly balm to my spirit and even to my skin.
We had a wonderful time at the beach. Our beach house is not a "lodge"--there are three bedrooms and a totally open "great room", which means that people are a little "together"--and this can be both good and more than enough of a good thing. Especially when there are at least 3 kids with light sabers running in and out and up and down, dying (loudly), commanding (loudly), and, um, dissenting (loudly). It's necessary to have adults that are not doing these these loudly. And for it to be a rest, everyone has to get something out of it. Well, we all did, and without endless amounts of negotiation, or anyone taking the brunt of the work or childcare or cooking...it was a vacation for everyone. I think I cooked less than the Dad of the other family, and I KNOW I cooked less well. Anyway, this was our second year doing this together, and I hope it is not the last. It is helpful to me to have friends who are direct and generous. I'm a bad combination with indirect (because I am indirect) and selfish (because I don't like confrontation).
BoyBob had his Well Baby Checkup (he hates it when I call it that--it's his WELL BOY CHECKUP!) and the night before, we got the "confirmation call" from the doctor's office. It (the computer-generated voice recording) said to be ten minutes early (huh--not me, not there!) and to bring photo ID. It occurred to me that this was stupid--other than me and DadBob and the OB-GYN, there is no one in the world who has known my son longer than the doctor. He came to the hospital less than 40 minutes after BoyBob was born. So, no, we don't need a photo ID there. This is a point of gratitude.
Anyway, my ten year old BABY is tall and skinny (but we knew that), healthy as a horse (we knew that, too, but it is nice to have a professional opinion) and did not have to have a shot. That is a good thing. I thought he did. But he doesn't until he gets the flu shot, and then he will get the one I expected yesterday. But this is still OK because 1) it is in the future and 2) DadBob takes BoyBob in for the flu shot. BoyBob is a manly man in that situation, but he screams my brains out when I'm along. Heh heh. Dad's job now.
I have two other posts I'm going to write, but not tonight. But here is a teaser:
Did you know that in 1850, the case was being made that books would be the end of educated society?
True story...and more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, that teaser was rotten. :P
I agree w/ Kathyjo -- it was utterly inhumane what you did. LOL
Thank you for your friendship too!
You may not be aware of this, but there is a strict 48 hour rule on teasers. You could lose your license to blog. :) Or you could just drive me insane so that I start bombarding you with emails. hehe
I love it when you're back! You were missed, and prayed for. Still praying, but glad you're back.
I'm w/ Julie and Kathy on the teaser... mean! You're toying with our emotions, here, and I'm pregnant! That's just not right. ;-)
Dy
Post a Comment