In the reviewing stand during the parade, one of the Bush twins was putting on lip gloss while the camera was on her--it took her forever. Dad (Mr. Dad to her, now) started giving her the hairy eyeyball. First Mom saw the hairy eyeball and looked toward its destination. First Mom added *her* hairy eyeball, but Kid (Jenna or Barbara) didn't GET the exact hairyness of the eyeballs (4 of them, plus millions watching on TV). First Mom leaned over to spell it out (as discreetly as possible on national television). PUT THE LIPGLOSS AWAY YOU ARE ON NATIONAL TV WERE YOU BORN IN A BARN??? Cut away. I thought I was the only one who noticed it, but the Fox commentators noticed it too, and were laughing, kindly, about it.
Next time I saw the reviewing stand, neither twin NOR Grandma Barbara were in the box. I wonder if Grandma Barbara (another jewel) had to take the gal for a timeout?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think it was such a long day. I may not have been putting on lip gloss...but I would have been wishing for a diet dr. pepper...and a snack...
How they can stand that long day of pomp...yikes!
Must be overwhelming to have to follow all that protocol!
Oh--I agree. They would have to put me into a Stepford Wife to get me presentable for TV. The thing I loved about the scene was its absolute humanity. It was charming. Only a parent would have seen the hairy eyeball...and the responses all around were just so *normal*. I find the First Family refreshing and, well, *normal."
ROFL! I love this story. And I still get the chuckles over the phrase "hairy eyeball"- and the thought of the First Parents giving the hairy eyeball to the girls is priceless.
So sweet. So normal. I love it.
Dy
Post a Comment