Monday, January 17, 2005

Show Me Your Desk: No! But I'll Tell...

My desk is in the kitchen. But it is all covered with whatever thing anyone in this family wants to put on it. It is, after all, a horizontal surface. Plus the computer is broken, but getting fixed...I'll eventually move back there.

I got accustomed to the fact that I didn't have a desk anymore, so I got a desk and put it in the farthest reaches of the basement. It was great for a few weeks...then it got DadBob's new computer, and his stamp collection, and I don't have that desk anymore.

My current desk is large kitchen table which I actually adore using as a desk. It is in the kitchen. It's got a Corian top, and this is where we eat, too. Since there are three of us, one end of the table always has my stuff on it. And my 'puter is at the kitchen counter adjacent to the kitchen table (see "broken computer", above), I look out the window at Lake Washington, green "territory" (as in, "territorial view"), and the neighbor's pool, our "waterfront".

A little happy note: my son slept 12 hours. Must have needed it. This alone could make today a better day.

No comments: