Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Meanderings and a WooHoo!

First, the WooHoo: They found the actual hole in the basement where the water was coming down. They patched it. Now we just have to wait a few days to "make sure" and then we get to re-drywall and paint. But if this is it, great.

Next: I got Latin for Children today; it looks like a richer program than Latina Christiana, and we will probably shift. I will have to get my head around it.

Next: Dy said that they could afford a house if they sold a couple of kidneys. I sense a business opportunity here: Bob's Mortgage and Organ Transplants, Inc. I'm going to think of a really good name for this business, and of course we will have to determine if the kidneys can apply to the down payment or if it is only against the mortgage after the substantial, cash-money down payment is complete. Prior to this new option, we have only been able to specialize in sucking the lifeblood from people--we look forward to exploiting this new opportunity. Thanks for the heads-up, Dy.

Next: My kid has a new expletive: CrackleFuzz! Pretty good, huh?

I have agreed to throw bean bags at BoyBob; his request. He has a shield. Anyway, my time's up!





3 comments:

Dy said...

Oh- did you re-allow comments? :-) YAY!

I'm thinking that while interest rates are so low, put the organs toward the actual principle during the first few years of a 5/1ARM. But once rates go back up, they'll sell like hotcakes for down payments! If we can sell both of ours, we found a lovely fixer-upper that's set to be condemned next week that I think we could afford! Sign us up! ;-)

MUST do a review of Latin for Children!! Will be expecting it, ya know! (But please don't make me wait as long as I'll be waiting for a picture of Kim in full biker garb, ok?)

Hope that leak stays plugged! Y'all need a little Dutch Boy to live in your basement.

Dy

Kim said...

So glad they found the actual hole, Patty. I think if it was me going through that, I'd be a basket case. I don't handle pandemonium well.

I, too, would love to hear a review of Latin for Children. My 12yo needs to get back into it, and I am not sure he can handle Henle next year.

What do you think, Patty? Should I dress up in biker gear just to satisfy Dy's curiosity?

Patty in WA or Rover said...

I have to say that since Dy drew the picture of BadGirl Kim, I have had a recurring memory of a great poster I saw about 15 years ago. It had two cats on the front of it, one of them in a leather jacket, the other with a cigarette dangling from its lip. It was in the style of a poster for Rebel Without A Cause. The text:

They stayed up all night...
They wrecked the house...

They were the BAD KITTIES!

...and they didn't even act like they cared.

Are YOU a Bad Kitty?