We started a remodel last April, which was mostly finished in September. However, the closet was not. I have had my clothes in multiple closets throughout the house, on the floor, or recycling through the laundry room on the LIFO plan. It's been a mess. Well, today, our closet got installed. It is really pretty--walnut with cedar backs on the places where we store woolens. That is a blessing.
The piano is a dream. I have spent at least 2 hours per day playing on it each day (time gained by not reading TWTM boards, in large part...and by not doing laundry in small part), and DadBob and BoyBob are listening in. BoyBob likes "The Funeral March of a Marionette", aka the Alfred Hitchcock theme song, the best. It's amazing how it is coming back to my memory--I haven't played it from music in 30 years. I just remembered the third movement today, out of the blue. I am sneaking lessons in on BoyBob. I taught him how to play a major scale from any note on the piano. That is the way he likes to learn things--the "why" way. So pick a note, and then say and play, "Do, whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half" and you have a major scale from any note. He is figuring out a lot by watching the hammers inside.
The weather has been good, so, not raining on my broken car window. That will be fixed on Tuesday.
And tomorrow, I get to attend a class on the progymnasmata, focusing on the Fable. We had a class in October, where we learned about the scope of the entire progymnasmata, and it was very encouraging. Tomorrow we get to drill down.
Friday, February 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you are enjoying your piano! Hope you get your computer problms resolved.
I'm envious that you are going to a workshop on the progym. I would love to do something like that.
Hey MomBob,
I am glad that you got your closet done -- sounds AWESOME!!
Your piano sounds great...I wish that I would have learned to play as I kid...:-(
About your progym...you will have to post all about your classes! Very interested here!
Take care friend!
Tons of blessings! I love that.
Dy
Post a Comment